I know Lent is a hard time of year for all hipsters out there. Because you are so cool it is hard to think of what you can give up that no one else has thought of. To give up chocolate, carbs, or watching T.V. (which everyone already knows you don’t have one) has been done already. So in order to help relieve your stress and anxiety, I have created a list of possible things to give up for Lent that might fit you.
1. Jorts (cut off jean shorts)
2. PBR (or any old beer that no one else drinks anymore)
3. Any microbrew that has an ABV over 9%
4. Anything Bon Iver related. This includes any music on both labels JagJaguwar and Secretly Canadian.
5. All light to medium roast coffees
6. Any coffee that is poured over or pressed.
6. RayBan sunglasses
7. Tanktops or Deep V neck shirts
8. Fixed gear bikes
9. using any apple products.
10. Streaming to KEXP or the Current.
11. Huffington Post
13. Illegally downloading music
13. Whole foods
12. Before having kids saying something like “When I have kids they will go to the inner city public school. I would never put them in private school”.
I realize that by the time I post this some of these will no longer be cool. So here is another possible list of future things that hipsters might like and could give up for Lent.
1. dangling cross necklaces
2. Guns and Roses and Journey
3. Care Bears
4. All Polish Beers
5. Roller Blading
6. Wearing Baby carriers (baby bjorn) to the park in order to carry your six pack of polish beer.
8. Jinco Jeans
9. Rave Parties
Please share more ideas for this list.